Has anyone checkout out our assignment for this week? It seems that those of us that are math teachers have a HUGE disadvantage. We are to modify an elementary or middle school science lesson based on TEKS standards and the Learning Cycle. While I can certainly google and find the TEKS, I am not an expert on science, Texas standards, or elementary/middle school and I feel completely intimidated right now. I would much rather modify a lesson for my own classroom.....but that does not appear to be an option. So.....if anyone knows of a good resource for Science education so I can school myself I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks....
Robin
Questions and comments to your fellow students taking this course!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(31)
-
▼
February
(19)
- New Course
- Rental text books
- Assignment 5
- Learning Cycle Lesson
- Course Sequences and Book List Links
- book for next course
- TEKS standards and Science Lesson Planning?
- Next Class
- Ramps and Cars Investigation
- I'm relieved
- Learning Cycle
- DiscussionBoard
- Internet Explorer vs Firefox
- Assignment instructions
- Next assignment?
- Thanks, Mella for setting this up, and thanks, Rob...
- 50 Words or Less?
- Great Idea! Thank you Mella!!!
- Hi all
-
▼
February
(19)
If anyone could help out with the Teks for the elementary lesson , I'll happily buy you a virtual beer!!! :~)
ReplyDeleteThanks
Mella
I live in Oklahoma and I used our state standards. I emailed Erika and she said that was fine.
ReplyDeleteGo to our course homepage to view the weekly lesson modules. Click on Resources/course documents/web resources. Here you will find links to TEKS and National Science Education sites among others.
ReplyDelete