Questions and comments to your fellow students taking this course!
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Assignment 5
I had a great lesson all planned out for our final assignment, and then reread the instructions and noticed that it has to take 5 classes or sessions! When it says sessions, how long does that imply? I'm trying to do something relevant to the classes I teach, high school algebra 1 and algebra 2, and am having difficulty coming up with a discoverable concept that would take all week long to work out. I'd appreciate any clarifications if I am misreading the directions. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(31)
-
▼
February
(19)
- New Course
- Rental text books
- Assignment 5
- Learning Cycle Lesson
- Course Sequences and Book List Links
- book for next course
- TEKS standards and Science Lesson Planning?
- Next Class
- Ramps and Cars Investigation
- I'm relieved
- Learning Cycle
- DiscussionBoard
- Internet Explorer vs Firefox
- Assignment instructions
- Next assignment?
- Thanks, Mella for setting this up, and thanks, Rob...
- 50 Words or Less?
- Great Idea! Thank you Mella!!!
- Hi all
-
▼
February
(19)
I teach high school Algebra also and the instructions threw me, too.
ReplyDeleteAfter re-reading it I realized it says the Learning Cycle must take 5 sessions to complete. That would include the Concept Application phase and maybe even an evaluation (Remember the "5 E's"?.) I plan to break my Exploration phase into two parts, doing it over two days, spending only 15-20 minutes each day. On the 3rd day have them meet in pairs or groups to compare results and come up with a concept statement. I will also do term introduction on the 3rd day. The 4th and 5th day will be concept application (maybe presentations?) and evaluation. That's the only way I could think to spread it over 5 session. I want to create something I will actually use in my classroom!
Hope everyone checks back into the discussion board tonight-Wednesday- Message from Erika anyone who posted earlier than this afternoon may have had their post deleted and needs to repost and we are back with the same groups
ReplyDelete